Thursday, January 15, 2015

Life With Kate... 4 months old!

What a month it’s been! Our baby girl has been growing and growing!
 She now weighs in at 14 lb and 10 oz (61%) and is 24.76" long (65%).

The month started out on a not so fun note, as Kate had just been diagnosed with an ear infection. She had a couple of grumpy days and so we had lots of cuddle time! It only took a day or so for the antibiotic to kick in and she was back to her happy self for the most part. (With the help of the occasional dose of Tylenol!) She did not like that Amoxicillin though! It took some major prayers to get that down twice a day for 10 days!

Kate getting some sick time cuddles.
Our happy girl just a couple of days after being on her meds. 
We took our first trip with Kate when we traveled to Bartlesville for Christmas. We were gone for 8 days! Kate handled the driving like a champ and though we made longer stops to care for her, it went really well!

While in Bartlesville, Kate got to meet her Uncle Nick and Aunt Heather!

Of course, her Grandpa and Grandma had lots of fun with her too!

Our sweet Grandma Genie drove from Ponca City to meet Kate and it was so much fun spending time with her and introducing our baby girl to her!

After Christmas, we drove to OKC to spend the day with my Uncle John and Aunt Janine, and my cousin Jenny's family.  So Kate met 8 more people! It was so much fun to watch the kids love on Kate.

As we were getting ready to leave OKC the next morning we realized that it had been snowing! So Kate experienced her first snow. She was a little bit confused by it!

On our way home we stopped for lunch in Burleson, Texas to see my Mema, Papa. Kate also met my Uncle Jim and Aunt Sherry.  It was fun to see them!

Once we got home, we headed to my parents house the next day for Christmas with my folks! 
More fun!

 On December 28, Kate rolled over from her tummy to back for the first time! That was super exciting for us! Around that time she started to really pick up on how she played with her toys. Her Hungry Caterpillar toy has been her favorite toy to play with so far. 
She is starting to grasp more and really play.

New Years Eve was a big night for us. We began the transition of putting Kate to sleep in our room in her Rock and Play to in her crib in her nursery. We were fully prepared for how to teach her self-soothing with our pediatrician’s instructions in our hand! Much to our surprise- she didn’t make a peep! She slept from about 10:00- 4:45. I fed her and she went back to sleep for a few more hours! She continues to sleep really well with hardly ever an issue.

After the New Year, my Aunt Mary came to visit us at my parents and Kate got to meet another very special person in our lives! (Do you think she was loved on enough this month?!) Kate started to be very fussy that day and was fussy for a couple of days after. I even thought she might be sick, but her pediatrician said that she wasn't. Just a lot of change going on! 

Here she is in her first pair of overalls!

She got a new toy with some of her Christmas money. She loves her “exer-saucer”!

She is also starting to talk to her toys more and it’s really really cute!

She also talks to us more! I promise the other day her little voice said, “Uh-oh!” I know she wasn’t trying to say the word or anything, her sounds just happened to make that word.

She is doing well on tummy time… when she actually stays on her tummy!

And of course… she LOVES her bath time. We had to move her little whale tub of the counter and into the big tub because with her splashes and trying to wash her hair we were getting water all over the place. We've started doing a night time bath every evening as part of our bed time routine. She is drooling all over the place these days so it's nice to get her cleaned off. 

By the way… the tub is where I can tell just how much my baby has grown. Take a look at how big she’s gotten from her first bath!

She is starting to stay in our church nursery more. This past Sunday I actually took her into the nursery during The Lord’s Supper because she wanted to make her presence known a little too boldly! Yesterday I left her in the nursery during Ladies Class and I left her for almost the whole time! From 10:00-1:30! (Our church offers child care through 2:00 to allow ladies to go to lunch or run errands… such a blessing!)

I love this girl! It wasn’t very long ago that she was just a bit over 5 pounds getting photo therapy and that I was having to wipe her with cold clothes to wake her up enough to eat. She has come a long way! Clearly she doesn’t miss a meal these days!

God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. She's an angel! And you are a precious, wonderful Momma!!