Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Claire is 2 months!


Our precious Claire Lucille is two months old! Weighing in at a whopping 13 pounds she is definitely healthy and thriving. She is 22.25 inches long and just full of sweetness! 
We have been taking things pretty slowly the last couple of months and are savoring these days. Can we still call her a newborn? I'm not sure. In a strange way I wonder how it's already been two months yet at the same time feels like she's been with us forever. I suppose you can say we've adjusted! 


She is very alert during the moments she spends awake. She still sleeps quite a bit throughout the day but it's fun to catch her awake. She loves to gift us with her happy smiles and truly has many cute expressions. She gets very excited when she goes in her swing, her eyes light up as the the little mobile goes round and round. She is starting to hit the toys on her activity gym and bouncy chair and enjoys looking at the books we are reading. 


Bath time is still an enjoyable experience for her, it almost seems relaxing though I'm not sure how that's possible with her big sister splashing all about. She still has cradle cap and dry spots, I do believe that got worse this month. I began lathering her in coconut oil multiple times a day and it has cleared up quite a bit. 


We do occasional tummy time. I will admit, I'm not very diligent with this however her neck muscles are developing wonderfully- she is very strong! Her head has been shaped pretty roundly and there haven't been any flat spots so I'm not too worried about this! She's usually happy to play or nap on her tummy for 20 minutes (or longer if she falls asleep) when I remember! 


The weather is cooling up a bit so we've been enjoying lots of walks! She is usually quite content when we are out. I've started using my baby carrier in addition to the stroller and that works well too, and allows me to help Kate as needed. I love that my carrier has a little hood I can put over her head- that's especially helpful with all of the wind we are getting. 


Oh, this girl is so so snuggly! She loves to be held close. Thankfully she still sleeps well in her swing, rock and play, and where ever else we might put her. We are starting to introduce the crib during the day time, she will usually last 20 or 30 minutes. Hopefully within a month or so we'll have her in there at night. 


During the night she usually has a feeding around 10:00, 2:30, and 5:30. It could be any time within the hour of those times but usually I'm only waking up to feed her one time as I generally stay up after 5. Some days she gets a little fussy in the evenings and it can be really rough up until 10 or so and I wonder if we'll ever be able to sleep! Thankfully that's not every night! 


She went on her first trip to Bartlesville this month. We were able to not only spend time with Blake's parent's but also Pam's brother and sister-in-law from Kansas. It was truly a treat and very fun visit. On the way home we stopped in Ponca City to see our "Grandma" Genie. So Claire (and Kate!) had all kinds of loving that weekend. 





As I brought up at the beginning of this post, we have been taking things slowly. Truly, this has been the case for the last several months as I wanted time to rest and enjoy my time with Kate. This season of calm and still has been exactly what we needed. Blake has started his graduate classes again, and we are getting ready to soon bring Claire to church and I'm imagine I'll soon be getting involved with teaching and other things once again. Slowly things are headed to our new normal. In the rush of our culture it's truly an intentional act to take a time of rest, but oh, how we need it. It helps us appreciate our family more, our activities and responsibilities more, but mostly it gives us a chance to hear God. Mommas so desperately need that.  We all need that. To take a moment to be Mary, sitting upon the feet of Jesus, even though there is much work to be done. We all know the story... it was Mary who choose what was best. So friends, if you are a momma or not, take time to rest in his presence, soaking in his goodness, and listening for the quiet ways he is working in your heart. 






No comments:

Post a Comment