Monday, March 19, 2018

Claire is 7 months!


Here we are at 7 months! Oh, the joys! Babies learn so much each month, it's hard to keep up. 


Claire is playing on the floor much more these days! She's gotten so much stronger this month. A few weeks ago she was depending on her boppy to help her, but she is much more balanced these days. This month she started to really enjoy rolling around. Here in this picture below, she began where the doll was! She isn't rolling around as much anymore though- she is scooting!!! Backwards, but still! She really wants to crawl, but goes back not forwards when she tries. 
She'll be crawling soon, I'm sure of it! 


She is also able to sit up in the stroller! See what I mean? Lots of change this month! 


Oh, my baby. Her sleeping has changed too this month. She no longer fits in her precious sleeping bags with sleeves. She is too long. We have some that are larger but they are sleeveless, I'm not sure why! She is also a committed stomach sleeper now. At the beginning of the month, when I took this picture, that was not the case! She is napping and sleeping in her crib to the sound of her white noise machine. We don't have a consistent nap schedule, but her bedtime is usually around 7-7, give or take. She wakes up a couple of times to eat and goes back to sleep. 



I pulled out more of the baby toys this month. She is loving the large chunky Melissa and Doug puzzles. Of course, she loves them because the puzzle pieces make a great chew toy. Her big sister loved to chew on those puzzle pieces too. 
She doesn't want her pacifier anymore, so we'll just go with it! Better than other things! 


I've introduced wheat, soy, and eggs back in my diet. I'm still trying to avoid soy and wheat I'm eating in limited amounts. Thats only for me though- she is fine! For Claire, I'm still off of anything containing milk, peanuts, tree nuts, or coconut. We went to the allergist again and he told me that when she is a year and a half we will test those again and see how she does. So that's our plan on that! Her GI issues seem fine, her skin is still in poor condition. I'm praying we will find a way to help her with that. The allergist said it is most likely due to something that comes directly in contact with her skin. We introduced her to her first food this month- homemade butternut squash! It was a hit! She knew what to do with it! 






This motherhood journey is so humbling. I constantly feel like I just don't deserve these girls. The truth is though, they aren't really mine. They have just been placed in my hands so that I might raise them to know God and to put His Word into practice in their lives. What a task. My shortcomings are great, and I know that in a few years Claire will start to notice them. I just pray that she will also see that even though I'm weak, I serve a God who is merciful. I pray she will see His grace lived out in the way I treat others and in the way I treat myself. This month, three different friends have lost a parent. It has caused me to really reflect on my role as a mother, and what sort of legacy I want to leave behind for my girls. It can all be summed up in one word: Grace







No comments:

Post a Comment