Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Claire is 9 months old!


Our Claire Lucille is 9 months old! Weighing in at 20 pounds and 5 ounces and measuring 26.5 inches long, she is a bit short and stout, a true Lehman. Ha! She is so sweet and we love her sweet smile and babbles. As long as momma is near she's usually a pretty happy babe. 



This month brought a lot! She is crawling all over the house, pulling up and walking alongside whatever she can, and trying to balance herself. She loves to MOVE! Her bottom left tooth has broke in and she's eating more foods! This month we tried, sweet potato, pears, blueberries, zucchini, yellow potato, banana, watermelon, and corn. Sweet potato and butternut squash seem to be her favorite right now and she hasn't taken to banana yet. 


She still wakes up to nurse once or twice between 7pm and 7am. Her napping is a little more sporadic though- I blame myself since it's harder to keep a regular nap routine with a big sister around. ;) 



She loves to be in the baby carrier while we are out and about, and I have to say that I really enjoy it too! Kate didn't like being worn when she was little so that made it uncomfortable for me. Claire snuggles up and is content so I enjoy it. Makes errands and trips to the park a lot easier! 

She enjoys being outside. As a family we went strawberry picking and had our first zoo trip of the year. Claire also had her very first (and second!) swim this month at our friend's pool. She loves flowing in the baby float! Thankful for all of this gorgeous Oklahoma sunshine we've had! 






We took a drive to Texas to see my grandparents in Burleson and my parents met us there. She did pretty good on the drive for a baby. :) Momma did have to jump back and sit between two carseats though so I'm thankful for our very spacious van! Woo hoo! 


Claire also got to meet her Aunt Heather!


She's also had to experience being apart from me a little more. Blake graduated with his masters from OC this month and so we had a sweet gal come to babysit during the graduation. So that was a first for Claire to not have family watching her! Another first was that we left both girls overnight with Blake's parents for an overnight anniversary date downtown. She survived!! Ha! Lots of firsts for this girl this month!!


Something else that's been new is that on Sundays instead of bringing a bottle, I'm nursing her in the nursing room and letting her nap as a rock her. I never really did this with Kate- y'all- it is the best. These sweet moments of holding my sleeping baby are so special. 


Motherhood continues to challenge me in new ways every day. The balancing act of caring for two children is still an adjustment, but we're figuring it out little by little. I'm savoring these baby days. I'm watching her grow into a toddler right before my eyes. It's an amazing process. I don't always get it right, but I'm thankful for God's grace. I'm humbled all the time on this journey. I'm grateful for all of the women who inspire me and encourage me to be a loving mother. :) 









1 comment:

  1. Love those sweet bonding time moments!

    Yay, for her first tooth!

    ReplyDelete