Friday, September 14, 2018

Kate is Four!


Our Kate Marie is four years old! What a year it's been for her. When I think back to her third birthday I'm amazed at all the ways she has grown and developed. 

She has learned so much, like how to put on her socks and shoes, and dress herself. She is potty trained! She has gotten more confident at the park and is taking more risks, climbing higher and running faster. She swings in the big girl swing. 

She knows most of her letter sounds and can more easily recognize numbers and quantities. She sings along to more songs. She loves to do her calendar and have bible time. One of her favorite play activities is to lead her stuffed toys in "Shine Time". (What we call our morning bible time) She's starting to use scissors and loves to paint. She helps me in the kitchen and always reminds me to put the hole in the dry ingredients before we add the wet. She loves books. 

She loves her sister and they have a bond so deep that I can't interfere when they are "talking" to each other! Yes, at times she is the typical big sister and she gets frustrated, but all in all, she cares so much for Claire. 

(Though this picture is posed, she really does like this book, The House on Pooh Corner. It was quite fitting for her picture!) 

At times I'm not sure what I'm doing and I feel like I'm in over my head. Her strong will challenges me in ways that strengthen my character! She is her own person, with her own mind. She has her own ideas and ways of doing things. If I want her to like something there is about a 75% she will say she doesn't like it just to be funny. 

She is logical. She wants to understand. 

She is also full of the special sort of joy that only children possess. She likes to be silly and laugh. I tend to be more serious so I suppose this is good for me. :) 

She notices the small things, and loves to walk around outside picking up acorns or sticks. 

She loves to talk, imagine that! ;)

As far as her favorite things to do- who can really say at this point? She is a little girl and she will take interest in most things if we are doing it alongside her. Dance has been fun for her because she enjoys the sweet music and the scarves and things. She looks forward to Bible Class. 



She has changed me in so many ways, and I love her for it. I can't wait to see her grow and discover this next year. She's been so patiently awaiting her special day. 

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! 








No comments:

Post a Comment