Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cranberry Sauce


With fall in the air I think of one thing- food. OK I think about other things but food is a huge thought. Cooking is a huge thought. Cranberry sauce is one of my favorite holiday sides. I haven't always liked it... but once I tasted it I was hooked. This year I decided to make it all though fall... why just save it for holidays! I decided to share my recipe. So here it is:

Ingredients:
12 oz fresh cranberries
1.5 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup of water
.5 cup seedless raspberry jam

1. Mix cranberries, brown sugar, and water. Bring to boil on high heat, then reduce to medium high. Cook 8-10 min until mixture is thick and all of the cranberries have popped. Cool about 10 min.

2. Strain cranberry mixture, pressing berries to extract juice, toss the skins or leave some in. This whole step is completely optional. Stir jam into the juice. Let cool at least 30 min.


My favorite part is watching the cranberries pop!

And of course watching it thicken is fun too.

And when it's finished.... taking a bite. Just to taste.


And who says you have to serve it with turkey? Top chicken with it!


I hope you'll make your own cranberry sauce this season! It's so easy and so worth it!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment