Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thankful

Today has been a positive day, it really has. Which is a bit different because things have been a little tough this week. Having a very sore throat and loads of ear pressure doesn't help when I'm trying to write a huge bible paper I've been putting off all semester! After much hard work and 8 hours in the library so far this week I've written the bulk of my paper! The rest is a breeze. I've got to write my introduction and conclusion, then add footnotes and do my bibliography. That's it! So I'm taking a break to write some of things that made me very happy today despite feeling awful and sleepy.

1. Last night I slept on the couch, mostly because when I feel sick I become irritable and just the sound of breathing will take over my mind. I also couldn't sleep because I thinking about my throat hurting. I was watching "16 and Pregnant" on MTV until 3 in the morning. I was a sleepy camper. BUT here comes the good part. When Blake woke up he came and got me and walked me into the bed. He re-set my alarm to later time so I would get more sleep. That made me so happy :)

2. I got a Starbucks pumpkin spiced latte and a piece of pumpkin bread before my afternoon class.

3. I was able to get a book that I've already read approved for my book review for a class. That means I don't have to read a whole book next week!

4. At tutoring today this sweet kindergartner boy ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug and said "MS. KRISTIN!!!!!!" :)

5. Blake went and got me chick-fil-a for dinner.

6. I joked about wanting a brownie from there and he went BACK out and got me a brownie from there AND cookies from McDonalds so I would have something another time. Though I told him not to go out at all!

7. I've gotten a lot done on my paper

8. The weekend is coming soon

All these things have made my day feel positive even though I'm not feeling good. That's a "God thing". God is watching over me, and hearing my prayers. I'm so thankful for how He's blessing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment