Sunday, October 30, 2011

how I make egg whites edible




I love eggs. They are quick to make and on days when I don't feel like doing much I opt for eggs. If it's breakfast I typically just eat one whole egg, but if it's lunch or dinner and I need a larger main dish I use 1 egg and 2 egg whites. Egg whites tend to be very bland in my opinion and also watery. No amount of spices can fix them. What can fix them is a little egg yolk! So.... 1 egg plus 2 whites.


 OK, I promise I'm not making a photo tutorial for how to make scrambled eggs. I just want to share what I do to spice up my eggs (which have the potential to be awfully bland. I add McCormick Garlic Pepper Seasoning... it's yummy! Then I crack some more pepper in them along with a sprinkle of Kosher salt. I add whatever fresh herb I happen to have on hand. Today it was thyme. But chives or basil or cilantro or parsley would be divine as well. 



I also like to add cheese to my eggs as they are cooking. I'm particularly fond of parmesan blends. 

Serve it up with some bread and fresh fruit! 

The eggs (cheese included) are 4 WW plus points. A Sister Schubert's  Roll is 4 as well. Fruit is free so here ya go- a filling and well balanced 8 point lunch. 

1 comment: