Monday, October 1, 2012

Tuesday Tunes- Rest Easy

Wow! I find myself on the couch tonight feeling emotionally drained, yet inspired. Our bible study tonight was amazing. I don't know what was better, hearing Beth Moore talk about Esther or hearing all the strong ladies around me share their praises, fears, and struggles. I don't think very many left this evening's study with dry eyes.

The theme for this past week in the study was: "It's tough being a women in another women's shadow".  Ya wanna talk about how much I understand that one!!!! Oh my goodness, as I work so hard to be the perfect wife for Blake, I struggle with the image of someone very dear to me, who appears so perfect in every way possible. Even though I pick her brain, listen to her wisdom, take her encouragement.... in my mind I feel I can never be as great of a woman as she is! Oh, how I love her so much, but am I under her shadow? You bet!

As I'm under her influence I've been striving to be a better wife. But oh, how discouraged I often feel! As I pray to God and ask Him to shine through me so that I can show Blake that perfect love, I am definitely... oh what's the word? HUMBLED? Oh, sister, is THAT an understatement! Sometimes I get so humbled that I feel defeated!

Sometimes I simply need to take Blake's advise and quit worrying. Because really... our life is pretty great. Our relationship is pretty great. He is pretty great.

I was reminded of that tonight as I heard this song on my drive home. I'd never heard it before so it really spoke to me.

I'm a very lucky gal to be married to someone who loves me the way my Lord and Savior loves me. So lucky to be married to someone who takes me as I am. No doubt, after listening to this song, I think I'll rest easy.

How great is my God for giving me Blake!

Watch this video to hear about the song writer's story behind the song! It's so great!! I can relate to the guy in so so many ways! Maybe you will be able to as well: CLICK HERE FOR IT!!!

Now, you MUST take a couple of seconds to listen to the song! Watch this video for a great interpretation of it! CLICK HERE TO WATCH IT!!



Rest Easy
Andrew Peterson

You are not alone
I will always be with you
Even to the end

You don’t have to work so hard
You can rest easy
You don’t have to prove yourself
You’re already mine
You don’t have to hide your heart
I already love you
I hold it in mine
So you can rest easy

Do not be afraid
Nothing, nothing in the world
Can come between us now

You don’t have to work so hard
You can rest easy
You don’t have to prove yourself
You’re already mine
You don’t have to hide your heart
I already love you
I hold it in mine
So you can rest easy

You work so hard to wear yourself down
And you’re running like a rodeo clown
You’re smiling like you’re scared to death
You’re out of faith and all out of breath
You’re so afraid you’ve got nowhere left to go

Well, you are not alone
I will always be with you

You don’t have to work so hard
You can rest easy
You don’t have to prove yourself
You’re already mine
You don’t have to hide your heart
I already love you
I hold it in mine
You can rest easy




No comments:

Post a Comment