Friday, January 4, 2013

KIND

You might have already seen that my word for 2013 is KIND.

When I think of kindness I almost always think, "Love is patient Love is kind". I guess you could say that I always think of patience and kindness together and in a way that's not too far off! Authentic patience comes out of authentic kindness.

So what else might come out of authentic kindness?

- encouragement
- being truly happy for someone
- not repaying evil for evil
- understanding
- friendship
- LOVE
- help
- support

I could go on and on and on. No doubt kindness is one of those fruits of the spirit that have a lot of seeds in them! There is a lot to reap from kindness.

My focus (as I focus on KIND) will be WWJD. Because Christ's spirit is inside me, I want his spirit to flow out of me, so I will be praying that God will reveal to me what Jesus would do... how Jesus would be kind.

It's like the old Aggies for Christ skit.... Focus Focus Focus Focus Focus Focus Focus ON ME!!! There is so much out there in the world screaming for our focus. But a focus on Christ will be what sets me free.

I wish I could find a video of it so that I could share it but I can't. Basically there is a person and all of a sudden different people start coming around her saying Focus. Focus. Focus. ON ME or ON HIM or ON HER... or whatever it is.... and you hear all these people screaming for your attention and finally you hear a focus on Christ and the skit takes a turning point. I haven't seen it in a long time so I don't remember exactly how it goes... but that's what keeps ringing in my head as I set out this year to focus on KIND.

I think to myself... "Focus on Christ."


~ May there be many blessings your way ~





No comments:

Post a Comment