Saturday, November 15, 2014

Kate is 2 months old!

Our little pumpkin is 2 months old! 


It's unbelievable how quickly our crazy new life began feeling normal. Kate had a great month! She is now starting to sleep longer stretches at night time- sometimes even 4-5 hours! Although the other day it was 2.5 hours so there is no "normal" yet. Her day schedule is of course still not a schedule either. Some days she sleeps all morning and is wide eyed in the afternoon, other days it's reverse, and other days she is awake all day or asleep all day! Thankfully she is pretty flexible and doesn't mind going places with me during the day. 


She started to really enjoy her swing this month, which makes things a lot easier when I want to get something done or when Blake and I want to eat dinner! She continues to like tummy time, but not quite as much as she did a few weeks ago. She's still working hard though! She enjoys play time on her back a lot more now and is starting to play with the toys on her activity gym and follow the noises they make with her eyes. 
Discovering her toys on her activity gym.
Working hard during tummy time! 
Speaking of those eyes... they melt my heart as she's starting to gaze at us more and more. She is even starting to crack a few smiles at us. (The non-gas kind!) I can't believe how much she is growing! It's sad to be putting up some of my favorite clothes she is now too long for... but it's also exciting to see her in new outfits! I love this picture... it's comparing the difference of exactly one month in her strawberry outfit! Everyone told me how fast they grow... but you don't understand until it's you're baby! I look at people's toddlers and they might as well be teenagers- that's how big they seem! 

We went back to church for the first time and Kate did great! She slept through worship service and class. Our preacher said a prayer of blessing over her and that was special. I've also started taking Kate to Ladies Bible Class on Tuesday mornings and my Wednesday morning Bible study and she does great through those too. 

We celebrated her first Halloween! She slept though most of it but woke up around 8:30 so we read her fall books to her and played with toys. No pumpkin patches or festivals for us this year, but I look forward to participating in those next year! 

Another fun activity for Kate was a visit from her Grandma and Grandpa Jesch! She really loved getting held and loved on by them as well as getting in some good play time! Blake and I enjoyed the extra hands for a couple of days. I'm pretty sure I only changed her diaper once a day the whole time they were here! 



It's a lot of fun being close to my parents too! Mimi and Gramps like coming by too. Speaking of which... we've settled on a grandpa name for my dad. For those who don't know, my dad didn't want a grandpa name... he actually thought his name could be Steve. Sigh! So when my mom signed cards from them she signed "Mimi and --" So we ended up calling him "Dash" for a while. But he decided on gramps now... though dash is still said at times. 

We got our first pictures as a family of 3! That was a lot of fun! We drove out to a park in Katy and our photographer, who is a friend from church did such a great job! 


Well, that about sums up her second month! We had a lot of fun! Here are a few more pictures of Kate and her sweet expressions! Love! 




           






No comments:

Post a Comment