Saturday, July 10, 2010

Little Home Projects




This is what our living room looks like so far.
Cream colored walls are not exactly my taste and style, but because we can't paint these apartment walls, they will have to do. We were really blessed and didn't have to buy much furniture, except the coffee table- which was a craigslist find. It feels a lot more cozy to us, and I'm looking froward to finding more ways to spruce it up : )



This was my latest craft, if you can call it that.
I call it a craft, because I used scissors and went to a craft store. I had no idea what to do with the big blank wall behind the couch. The frames were 40% at Michael's so I was pretty pleased. I thought about pictures but decided against it because I want them in other places too. This was a super easy project and instantly added a lot of warmth to our room!



These are the couch pillows I made.... with a lot of help!!
My cousin Jenny is a very good pillow maker and graciously assisted me in this project. I cut out the fabric and pinned on the trim, and she helped me sew them up and stuff them. Of course, I had done some of it wrong, so she fixed all my mess ups too! Then when my mom visited, she worked with me to finishing sewing them up.... I mean she did it for me. Haha.

Anyways they are really simple to make if you know how to sew and use a machine. That might sound crazy to say that, because I know every woman 20 years older than me knows how to do that. But we didn't learn those things in school... it was replaced with more math and science! Boo! But anyways they were lots of fun, and if you wanna know how I... I mean WE did it, let me know and I'll tell you!


No comments:

Post a Comment