Monday, March 5, 2012

Resolution Status

I've been working on my resolutions! I'm still not there yet- I think I might have made a few too many resolutions but I don't regret making any of them! I'll get there! It's only March!

1. Read 4 books. 
OK, so I announced last month that I'd been reading The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World. I haven't yet started my next book, but I just got The Hunger Games for my Kindle and so I'll be working on that.

2. Read Karyn Henley's Day By Day Bible
I've continued to be pretty good at this one. I got a few days behind when I forgot to take it with me on our Chicago trip, but I'm almost caught up. I'm currently getting into Saul's reign, which is one of favorite times in the bible to read about because it involves David! And I LOVE David's story.

3. Run for 30 minutes without stopping. 
I'm working on it. Enough said about that one.

4. Write a note of encouragement every month. 
Check!

5. Cook 3 new dishes. 
I made:
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Italian Dressing from Our Best Bites cookbook
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Savory Couscous

(You can click on underlined ones for recipe)

6. Say a prayer of just thanksgiving every week. 
I did this one a couple of times but I didn't take out very much time to make them as meaningful as I had wanted to.

7. Pray for the requests in the church bulletin. 
I didn't keep this one up all month. When I was doing it I was looking in my picture directory as I prayed for people. We don't know many of the people listed so it helped the prayers to feel more personal. I really want to make more time for prayer this month.

Joy
I've continued to seek joy under all circumstances. It isn't always easy, but I'm already beginning to feel more positive. I've recently begun to listen to mostly christian music when I'm in the car. It's made such a difference. Also when I listen to christian music as I exercise I feel very uplifted. It's a neat thing. When I focus on the Lord, He brings me joy!

February came and went very fast! That's why I'm so behind on getting this up! Praise God for his countless blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment