Friday, July 18, 2014

update on the pregnant life

Things are going pretty good as my second trimester is coming to a close. Here is a little bit of what's been going on:

- After having my results from my glucose tolerance testing, I've been referred to the the High Risk Pregnancy Center at our hospital for regular check-ups. We went last week and got an ultra sound of little Kate and she is doing absolutely perfect right now- so that's great! We'll go again 4 weeks from the last appointment. After that we will have to go more regularly and starting in September we'll be going every week. These appointments are mostly to check on her size and how much fluid is around her. (If there is too much fluid, then that means she is having problems with her blood sugar.) Hopefully everything will remain healthy and normal. That's the goal!

Here is one of the pictures from the ultra sound. Kate's little eyes were open and she was looking right at us! Kinda crazy!!!

Also, I had my last 4 week check up with my OB this week. I officially start seeing her every other week. (Which is what she does with all of her patients.) It's SO hard to believe I'm to that point. I still feel like this is all just beginning. Anyways... there are a lot of appointments in my future!

- My second trimester energy is starting to dwindle off. I actually thought my thyroid med might need to be adjusted because I was feeling so fatigued, but it didn't. I'm just being welcomed into the third trimester! I'm feeling very blessed that timing worked out so that I'm not having to work right now. So I'm able to use what energy I've got on our little family (and my million appointments!).

- We are getting good work done on Kate's nursery. When we were setting up her crib everything started to feel so real. I actually had a little bit of a panicked feeling! We are going to have this precious little being that WE are responsible for. Will we be able to keep her safe?! Thankfully Blake was there to remind me that people have been raising babies for centuries. We've been getting decorations and all the little fun things too. Kate will definitely have the best decorated room in our home. I'm looking forward to having it more put together so I can share some pictures with you!

- We are in parent prep mode. We're reading books, looking at classes to take at the hospital, thinking of how our schedules might change, dreaming of what we want to do with her, shopping for her, and talking about her all the time.

We've only known about this little pumpkin for a few months, but she has already become the center of our world. Yesterday I was listening to one of my favorite songs by David Crowder called "I Am". It's a beautiful song that talks about the fortress that God and his love are for us. I've always been able to understand God's fatherly love as the receiver because I have great parents on earth. Now that I've got a child of my own forming inside of me, I'm starting to understand it from the giver's perspective. Not that I can fully understand God's love for me- because I never will- but I'm starting to understand the place this love comes from.

Hearing the repetitive "I am holding on to you... I am holding on, I am." made me think about Kate. "Take me in with your arms spread wide... Never let go. Never leave my side.... There's no place that His love can't reach...There's no end to amazing grace." I just felt like the song was not only describing how God loved me, but how I love Kate. This parental expression of love comes from a place so deep- and I pray Kate will understand that she can always hold on to us because our love will always be holding on to her. God is the master of love. Our love on earth can't compare to His, but I will always be striving to make my love for Kate like His love for Kate.

That's all for now!! Take care!





No comments:

Post a Comment