Friday, September 26, 2014

Life With Kate

One of my friends who recently had her baby a bit early told me how strange it felt to know that her baby could still be inside of her. Now that I'm in that same position I feel the same way! Yesterday I looked on our calendar and saw that we had a growth scan scheduled... obviously that wasn't needed anymore! Something I'd left out of my last post was that I'd actually just set an induction date with my doctor for October 5th, at 39 weeks. I still have a couple more weeks to ponder the thought that Kate could still be inside me! So strange!

Anyways.

Kate is doing so much better and we are so happy that she is finished with her photo therapy. Kate was using a biliblanket at home. Here is a picture of what that looked like.

We had to keep it wrapped around her basically 24/7. We could take her out for feedings and diaper changes. It wasn't very fun! 

Then her pediatrician told us that we could lay the blanket out flat, let her lay on top of it and swaddle the blanket around the two of them. The even better news? We only had to keep her wrapped with it for 16 hours a day!


She spent most of her time like this or in someone's arms. It was a lot easier to hold her this way. The Rock-n-Play was amazing. It kept Kate from rolling over and the vibration settings were soothing for her. The best news of all was when it was all over though! Oh, we were so happy! Now she goes to bed (or "night time naps" as I call them) like this! 


It's so much fun being a mommy! I used to be so preoccupied with all of the plans I'd made for myself and hadn't followed through with. I spent so much energy stressing over what my purpose was in this life. From the moment my eyes fell on Kate I've know that one of my most important tasks on this earth is to be her momma. I feel so blessed to have that honor. I came across this quote and it just really struck home for me. 


"I would rather be what God choose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking."

God choose me to be Kate's mom. Praise the Lord~ for that is my most beautiful calling yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment