Sunday, January 30, 2011

1 Peter 1:13

"Prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed." 1 Peter 1:13

This is the first scripture I memorized for the year. 1 Peter has got to be one of my favorite epistles, mostly because I studied it quite a bit when I took Exegeses. Also because it's short. The greatest thing I like about 1 Peter is that it talks a lot about how Christians should be set apart from the world.

This year I want to memorize scripture so well that in times of struggle, scripture will come to me. When I feel a bit negative I can think of my scripture instead and it makes me feel more positive.

I picked this verse because it reminds me of the 3 simple goals I've made for the year. By memorizing scriptures this year I will be preparing my mind for action, by trying to meet a fitness goal I will be exercising self-control. Setting my hope on Jesus rather than on myself or the world will bring me peace.

This is an exciting challenge for me, and I look forward to learning from God this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment