Wednesday, January 19, 2011

3 simple goals for 2011

Greetings to all! I hope that your new year has gotten off to a great start. Today's post is about goals. I know it might seem a little bit late to be making resolutions for 2011, but it wasn't until recently that I decided to make resolutions. Usually I make a very long list of ambitious goals that I never come close to following through. Last year was my first year to not make any goals but "it's a new dawn, it's a new day" - you know the drill.

Anyways this year I've made 3 short and specific goals for myself and I'd like to share them with you and ask for your prayers that I might use the discipline it will take to accomplish them. I'll first give them and then I'll explain them a little bit.

1. Maintain a minimum of 500 fitness points per week.
2. Memorize 21 versus from the Bible.
3. Peaceful.

1. Blake gave me a heart rate monitor for Christmas. Heart rate monitors help you to track what percentage you are spending your work outs in. There is a formula you can do to find out how many fitness points you earn each work out. For different goals you achieve different amounts of points. To start a fitness program they recommend achieving 300-500 points per week. So with my goal of 500 a week, I'm hoping to have successfully started a challenging work out program for myself by the end of the year. Part of my goal is to maintain this. I'm hoping to keep up what I start.

2. My cousin Jenny told me about a challenge Beth Moore does on her blog. You memorize 2 verses a month and submit what your learn to her blog. If you hold up to the challenge and have her spiral filled out, then you can attend (for free) her conference for it next January. Her conference in conveniently in Houston. I'll write a blog next week about my first verse I chose to memorize.

3. I've been listing to one of the local Christian radio stations and they have been encouraging listeners to pick one word that they want to focus on for the year. My word in peaceful. I want to be peaceful not only with others but within myself. Insecurity is a battle everyone faces at some point in their life and I want to focus on being at peace with myself. Rather than beating myself down for my failures I want to find peace with Christ for loving me regardless of those failures.

It's just 3 little goals that might not seem like much. I feel that they will help me become a better Christian, wife, daughter, sister, friend, and servant. If you haven't made any goals for 2011 I encourage you to make at least one. Make it short and simple, yet specific. Don't give up on it either!

Praying for blessings your way!


No comments:

Post a Comment