Friday, August 5, 2011

friday night thoughts

1. There is a new outlet mall in Yukon for the OKC metro area. It's a pretty big deal because there are no outlet malls in the small state of Oklahoma. And let's face it the one in Gainsville, TX is pretty awful. The mall opened it's doors this weekend and lets just say that I don't want to be around the place. The small amount of parking is packed for tax free weekend and the new novelty of the whole thing. It's an outdoor style mall, I think that's a bad idea for a place that has brutal summers and winters, but hey no one asked me. I'm pretty excited about the place, don't get me wrong. I don't think I'll be hitting it up when the weather is over 100 degrees though. It's so crowded those crazy people have to be so so hot. You'll park your car in the dirt due to lack of parking space, then you'll shuffle through people outdoors and go inside to crowded stores, waiting in long lines to both try clothes on and check out. My strategy is to wait until we are in the low 80's and hit it up then. I am hopefully awaiting the day though. Fall can't get here soon enough.

2. In case you didn't know, "The Pioneer Woman" is my favorite blog to read. She is amazing. I'm so excited that she is going to have a show on Food Network. It'll be on Saturdays and you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be setting the DVR and not missing a single episode of her amazing life and dishes. I was telling my mom that I've never been THIS obsessed about a "celeb" like person before. When I was browsing her bio on the Food Network site I actually cried a bit. I think I'll write her a letter and tell her thank you so much for teaching me to cook.

3. Today was my last day to work for the Y. The kids and my co teacher did a cheer for me when I walked in the room this morning and I was greeted with many hugs. It's amazing... you can gripe and gripe at kids and at the end of the day they still want to sit in your lap so you can tickle them and love on them. And yes.... I loved on my kids. Many of them were there for over 9 hours a day and I think they need hugs... lots of hugs... and cuddle time... and the occasional kiss on the forehead for a few reserved favorites of mine. But this is a whole different subject. My point it... it's amazing how kids love the people who have to give them so much restriction and direction. It's just proof that kids need structure in their lives.

4. Blake and I watched the newer Alice in Wonderland movie.... we recorded it one time when it was on TV. It's so weird and I don't think I ever want to watch it again. I don't care if it's more like the original book or whatever it was just creepy. I don't recommend it at all.

5. Winnie the Pooh is now in some theaters. I really want to see it. The other day I was talking about it to kids at work and they had no clue who Winnie the Pooh was.... or Piglet... or Tigger... or Rabbit.... I was sad. I searched and searched and found a torn up book in another classroom and I blew off the dust and brought it to them. Then I told them about the wonderful stories. My kids were not impressed. It was a sad day. When I have kids I refuse to let them watch the new stuff.... only the old stuff that I watched... because it's way better. OK not really.... maybe. Oh gee my doctor was right I am an "old soul".

6. I'm SO ready for fall. Now that I'm no longer a student, summer is officially my least favorite season. There are no big holidays except for the 4th, and it's too hot. I don't like hot. I like perfect. But I really prefer cold any day over this awful heat. Think about it.... it's soooo much fun to have an ice day and stay inside and watch old movies, bake cookies, and drink hot cocoa and cider and have the windows open with the narnia land in the background. And Christmas tree lights... oh and Christmas music..... oh gee it's so much better than summer! Plus Fall brings football and that's fun! I think I'll be writing a blog about everything I love about fall.

This blog is getting too long so I'll stop writing my thoughts. If you happened to actually read this all.... which I doubt anyone did.... I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment