Tuesday, September 11, 2012

a new chapter for a new story

This blog has always been a hodge pot of sorts. Pretty random for the most part. 

I've decided to give it more of a focus, a new chapter.  

Over the past few months the Lord has really worked in my heart. I've been learning how to listen to Him and truly seek His will. I've also been learning how to witness His presence in my life. 

It's pretty amazing to see Him at work. It's become so obvious at times that I don't know how I'd ever missed it. Once I realized that God is there always- that I don't have to continually ask to be in His presence- that was when I truly felt the joy of my salvation. 

When I was saved that summer in an Oklahoma swimming pool over 11 years ago, I knew I had assurance in my eternal life. I didn't understand the joy of it though. I didn't understand that my salvation meant I would get to be in God's presence from that point on forever more. In my mind the joy of salvation wasn't experienced until after my life on Earth was over. Oh, how I was wrong! I've truly found the joy of my salvation-  it's getting to be in God's presence!

I've given my blog a new title- Embracing His Presence

As I continue to seek God and listen for Him I want to write about it. Anytime I write on a spiritual matter, I feel God's presence. I can feel Him working on my heart. 

I can't claim to be a great writer by any means and I sure don't know anything about spelling or grammar. 
What I can claim is that I have a story to share. As long as God is casting His presence onto me I will have a story to share! 

"Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blessed;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long"

Do you have a story that needs to be shared? 

No comments:

Post a Comment