Wednesday, September 12, 2012

celebrate


When I was browsing our local office supply store a couple of months ago I came across this little note pad in the Martha Stewart section. (Oh, how I love Martha!)

Anyway's I keep it on my desk so that when I'm feeling stressed I can think about the good things. There is something about a positive attitude that can really turn your day around. This is pretty well known across the board- religious or not. What I LOVE is that God calls us to do this as Christians. It reminds me that God really does know what's best for us!

"Celebrate always, pray constantly, and give thanks to God no matter what circumstances you find yourself in. (This is God's will for all of you in Jesus the Anointed.)  
               ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 

I often find myself getting frustrated about our small living space. We seem to be busting at the seams of our 1 bedroom apartment on the third floor. So I decided I need to rejoice in the positive about our living space. Here goes!

Good Things (About our apartment)
1. We have a place to live.
2. Because it's on the 3rd floor... I'm guaranteed some exercise. 
3. Because it's on the 3rd floor... we have no bugs.
4. Because it's on the 3rd floor... we don't have to listen to noisy people above us.
5. We have things to fill our apartment (and our car trunks.. and in-law's house) with. 
6. It's nice and new and clean. 
7. We have the money to pay for it. 
8. The maintenance people are fast and take care of everything. 
9. It's 100x better than our old apartment. 
10. It can fit our large couches, large table, and large bed. 

So there we go! I will celebrate our apartment and be ever-so-thankful that we have such luxury. Can I tell you something? I already feel a lot better. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment