Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 Resolutions

It's getting to be that time of year again. You know... where you start to think up all those crazy goals for yourself. Last year, a Christian radio station I listen to encouraged it's listeners to do a "one word challenge". My focus on the word "peace" for 2011 did wonders for my spirit and well being, so I've decided to take up the challenge again. 

For 2012 I will focus on the word, JOY

Webster defines joy as: "the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of  possessing what one desires". 

The important thing to remember is that by well-being doesn't come from possessing the worldly things that I desire... it comes from possessing the hope of eternal salvation. It's so hard to remember that my eternal life is so much more important than my life on earth. In fact, it's hard to really wrap my mind around that concept. Thankfully, because of Christ's death, we are allowed to be in the presence of God on a daily basis through the holy spirit. Now THOSE are somethings to be joyful about! 

My hope is that toward the end of 2012 I will have become a more joyful person. I'd like to be a young women who is known for a joyful spirit. Now that I've learned to seek peace through the Lord, I want to seek joy through Him.  The Lord has the power to make ALL things good, but we have to open our hearts and ask Him for understanding. 

Along with the the focus on joy, I've made a couple of other specific goals for myself. 

Here is my list of goals for the year: 

- Read 4 books (hey.... for me that's doing pretty well)

- Read Karyn Henley's Day by Day Bible for Kids (I want to read the overall story of the bible this year)

- Be able to run for 30 minutes (Using the Couch to 5K plan)


Here is a list of my goals to be completed each month:

- Write a note of encouragement every month

- Cook something new 3 times a month 


Here is a list of my goals for each week:

- Say a weekly prayer of just thanksgiving 

- Pray for the people in the church bulletin 


I usually don't make this many goals for myself but I'm feeling ambitious. I think I'll print them all out and tape them to my mirror so I'll remember them! 

Good luck with all of your new goals for the new year! 











1 comment:

  1. It's funny you post your New Year Resolutions on here, because I was about to do the same thing on my blog. LOL!
    I love the idea of your yearly, monthly, and weekly goals. That is a smart idea!
    Good luck with all of yours! I am sure you will succeed just fine. =]

    ReplyDelete