Tuesday, December 6, 2011

a call


I while back I was given a difficult situation at work and, of course, I immediately began to feel overwhelmed, stressed, and completely out of my element. I wanted to run away -right then and there- just so I wouldn’t have to figure it out. Have you ever been there?  It took me a couple of days before I was reminded that I could pray about the situation. I tried to approach God with humbleness. My first thoughts were, “Dear Lord, I’m approaching you tonight simply because of the amazing truth that you are my Lord. I know that you’ve got the power to get me through anything.”

As I started to elaborate to the Lord about my situation, my mind began to drift a little bit. Then, like lightning, a solution to my problem came to me. I suddenly felt silly for being so overwhelmed in the first place. I knew right away my Lord heard me and had brought me the peace I was seeking. It was incredible.

I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies”, says David to the Lord after he was saved from his enemies. (Psalm 18:3)

“He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemies, from my foes who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord is my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he was delighted in me”, sang David to the Lord. (Psalm 18:16-19)

Sure, my problem was completely trivial compared to David’s problems, but I still called to God. He took hold of me and cleared my mind so that I might see a solution! He was there for me to lean on for support. He rescued me from my anxiety. Praise be to God!

It’s a simple lesson I’ve heard all my life- cast your burdens onto God.  Yet time and time again I try to rely upon myself. Sometimes I remember to pray, but lack the faith that God will deliver. When I surrender my problems to Him in full faith, I’m always amazed. God hears my prayer and he delivers.

When we call to the Lord, He will take hold of us, support us, and rescue us. You might not always receive the peace you desire right away, but if you hold tight and continue to lean on God, He will provide the support you need and He will deliver you!

I hope my testimony will remind you of the times you’ve felt God at work in your life. Never forget those works of the Lord! Use them as fuel for your spiritual life, and may you be reminded and encouraged to always call on the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment